Sun City Anthem (SCA), located on the southern edge of Henderson, Nevada, was rated number 1 in the rundown of “10 Most Luxurious Active Adult Communities in the U.S.” by 55Places.com in 2011. Perched in the Black Mountain foothills, 800 feet above the valley floor, the three-square-mile 55+ age-restricted retirement community features over 7,000 homes built between 1998 and 2008.
Homeowners in Sun City Anthem live a low-maintenance and luxurious lifestyle, with upkeep, maintenance and assistance taken care of by the Community Service Group. This allows residents to take advantage of all the amenities and offerings found close to home.
SCA has more than 30 diverse floor plans, and every home has secured entryway patios and backyards. Some include front patios and casitas, while many offer breathtaking views of the mountains or the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, and others are sitting on the fairways of the top-rated Revere Golf Club. Home prices range from $275,000 to over a million dollars.
- The Cottages collection homes average 1,100 square feet, with one or two bedrooms, and are ideal for homebuyers looking to downsize.
- The Classic series homes range from 1,200 to 1,600 square feet, with one to two bedrooms, den spaces, and two bathrooms. Each house features an attached two-car garage.
- The Garden Villas are attached duplex homes of about 1,400 square feet with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages.
- The Casuals collection are single-family homes running from 1,450 to 1,550 square feet in size. They have two bedrooms and bathrooms, secluded kitchens, large living rooms and attached two-car garages.
- The Colonials collection ranges from 1,500 to 1,700 square feet and includes two or three bedrooms, den spaces, two bathrooms, and two-car garages.
- The Premiers collection includes six spacious single-family models designed for homebuyers who want more room. The sizes range from 1,675 to over 2,200 square feet and feature two to four bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and two to two-and-a-half car garages. Most plans also offer casitas and den spaces.
- The Capitals collection offers five single-family floor plans from 1,800 to 2,400 square feet big, featuring two to three bedrooms and bathrooms as well as attached two- to two-and-a-half-car garages.
- The Estates by Del Webb are elegantly designed larger homes ranging from 2,400 to over 3,000 square feet. The six models all offer two bedrooms, dens, two-and-a-half bathrooms and a two- or two-and-a-half-car garage. These homes include spacious living rooms, expansive kitchens, casitas, and magnificent views of the Valley.
- The Revolutionary Series estate homes offer four open concept designs of 2,600 to 3,200 square feet, made for entertaining. Each has two or three bedrooms, den spaces two-and-a-half to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and two- or three-car garages.
Sun City Anthem is part of the award-winning Anthem master-planned community in Henderson, the second-largest city in Nevada next to neighboring Las Vegas. With a population of close to 30,000 people in more than 13,000 homes, Anthem was developed by Del Webb Corporation and opened in 1998.
Anthem has one of the highest average household incomes in the Las Vegas Valley. It includes a Country Club community as well as the Sun City senior community. Known for natural green spaces, approximately 72 acres of Anthem’s first phase were reserved for parks and recreation.
Inside the coveted Sun City Anthem community, you’ll find three recreational facilities to fulfill the needs of SCA residents: the 77,000 square foot Anthem Center, the neighboring 36,000 square foot Independence Center, and the most recent 22,000 square foot Liberty Center.
With more than 50 clubs, social groups and volunteer organizations, there’s something for everyone in Sun City Anthem. Interests ranging from crafts, music and performing arts to sports, politics, and regional cultures are catered to and nurtured for anyone who wants to take part.
Anthem Center: The largest of three rec centers, Anthem Center has a spectacular view of the golf course and the Las Vegas Strip. Numerous outdoor events, including the famous Parking Lot Yard Sales, take place in the parking lot between the Anthem and Independence Centers.
This facility also houses a fitness center, indoor walking track, indoor and outdoor pools, Anthem Wellness Therapeutic Massage and day spa, Hanneman Hall for large functions and performances, and several smaller meeting rooms. Don’t forget the Gallery, ceramics and porcelain activity room, sewing and quilting rooms, computer lab, classroom and more. Outside you’ll find the North Lawn Amphitheatre, eight tennis courts, practice wall and bocce ball courts.
The Independence Center: The Independence Center is home to the 300-seat Freedom Hall Theater, SCA’s own full-service theater where clubs present their shows, often written, produced, and acted by residents. You’ll also find the Sun City Anthem Television (SCA-TV) studio, where residents can discover weekly programming that highlights what’s going on inside their neighborhood. In addition, there are recreational facilities, library, pool room, classrooms and a covered outdoor courtyard.
The Liberty Center: The Liberty Center is the newest Sun City Anthem recreational center, offering more indoor and outdoor pools, exercise room, and meeting rooms. There are also four tennis courts, eight pickleball courts and three paddle tennis courts. Group exercise classes are available month to month. This facility boasts a green building design to efficiently use energy and resources through sustainable and renewable products.