There is a multitude of special events and fireworks displays that will mark the Fourth of July celebration. Whether you’re a resident or an out-of-towner just here for the long weekend, we have compiled a list of free and affordable happenings here in Southern Nevada to help you celebrate Independence Day in style:
SATURDAY, July 2
- RED, WHITE & TUNES at SPRINGS PRESERVES, 333 S. Valley View Blvd., featuring family-friendly fun with patriotic music by the UNLV Community Band, will be presented at 8 p.m. This year’s event will feature a performance by the UNLV Community Band with special guest vocal artist Laura Taylor and Action 13 News morning anchor Casey Smith. Admission is $5 for adults; $2 for ages 6-17; ages 5 and younger admitted free. A Family Pack is $12 and includes tickets for two adults and as many as four children (822-7700). Guests are encouraged to bring low-back chairs or blankets to enjoy the experience on our amphitheater grounds. Visit www.springspreserve.org for more information or to buy your tickets.
- INDEPENDENCE DAY JUBILEE, presented by the city of North Las Vegas, will feature a fireworks display, kids corner and teen zone, live entertainment and other activities, 6-9:30 p.m. Saturday at James Seastrand Park, 6330 Camino Eldorado. Gates open at 5 p.m. Admission is $2 (633-2650).
- CARS & COFFEE, Sansone Park Plaza. 9510 South Eastern Avenue – Every week on Saturday morning about 300 cars are on display. It’s a great opportunity to get together with fellow car enthusiasts. This weekly car show is free to attend and is from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (until September; October – May: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.). Stop by and see everything from a ’57 Chevy to a Ferrari F430.
- LIVE MUSIC at FREMONT STREET, 425 Fremont St. – Adding to the already great live tunes on Fremont St. is Colin Hay of Men at Work. Visit www.vegasexperience.com for more details.
SUNDAY, July 3
- INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION AT LAKE LAS VEGAS, 30 Strada di Villagio, from 3-8 pm. Free admission, special activities include BBQ’s, Face Painting, Balloon Artist, Kids’ Games, Coloring Contest, DJ, Raffles & Prizes. Henderson Symphony will perform lakeside from 8-9 pm. Fireworks at 9:00 pm. For more information, please call 702-564-4785.
- LAS VEGAS 51s FIREWORKS, a fireworks display will be presented following the Las Vegas 51s vs. Colorado Springs Sky Sox game Sunday at Cashman Field, 850 Las Vegas Blvd. North. The game begins at 7:05 p.m.
- FIREWORKS AT CAESARS PALACE, 3570 Las Vegas Blvd. South. – the fireworks display from the rooftop of the Roman Tower will be presented at 9:15 p.m.
- FIREWORKS AT LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY, 7000 Las Vegas Blvd. North – gates open at 5 p.m. “Night of Fire” at the Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The event will feature NASCAR-sanctioned stock car racing, Jet Car burn, Robosaurus and more. Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and military, $6 for children, $35 for a family 4-pak. Day of tickets are $19 for adults, $15 for seniors and military, $6 for children, and $39 for a family 4-pack. Please call 702-644-4444 for more information.
- CLASSIC CAR SHOW at the Jackie Gaughan Parkway at El Cortez, 600 Fremont St., featuring more than 60 American-made classic cars, photo opportunities, music by Ryan Whyte Maloney Band and Freddie Eckstein Group, food and other activities will run 1-6 p.m. Sunday. For more information, please call 702-385-5200.
- SALUTE TO FREEDOM CONCERT at the Amphitheater at Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road, Henderson, featuring Mark Wills and Mark Chesnutt, will be presented at 8 p.m. Sunday. The show is for ages 21 and older.
MONDAY, July 4
- 35th ANNIVERSARY, 4TH OF JULY BLAST & FIREWORKS AT STATION CASINOS, featuring Fireworks by Grucci, will be presented at approximately 9 p.m. Monday at the following locations: Aliante, Green Valley Ranch Resort, Red Rock Resort and Texas Station/Fiesta. Visit www.stationcasinos.com for more details.
- INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION at BASIC HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FIELD, 400 N. Palo Verde Dr. – Presented by the city of Henderson, featuring live entertainment and fireworks by Lantis, will run 6-9 p.m. The fireworks show will begin at 9 p.m. Admission is free. Free shuttle service will be available at the following locations: Morrell Park and Valley View Recreation Center, 500 Harris St.; Heritage Park Senior Facility, 300 Racetrack Road; and a church parking lot, 1002 Burkholder Blvd., beginning at 5:30 p.m. Handicap parking will be available at Basic High School (267-2171).
- FIREWORKS SHOW AT PRIMM VALLEY CASINO RESORTS, Interstate 15 South at Primm (1-800-386-7867).
- FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS WITH MYSTIC ROOTS, at MANDALAY BAY BEACH, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets are $25. Fireworks will begin at 9 p.m., and the show will follow (632-7600).
We wish you a safe and happy weekend!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.